1. Focus on eating good fats and oils
Make sure you are getting quality fats in your diet - refer to list.
Cut out and reduce all or as many refined/poor fats - refer to list.
Eat small, non predatory fresh fish weekley to get a good dose of pure Omega 3
Avoid fried foods as much as possible when out and only fry in healthy fats at home.
2. Regulate blood sugars and improve insulin sensitivity by eating good carbohydrates
Avoid all processed cane sugars as much as possible
Avoid anything with fructose in it - fructose from fresh fruit is ok, 2 pisces daily
Avoid refined grains (flour based products) biscuits, cakes, bread etc.
Go for stone ground flours and sourdough based products if eating them where possible.
3. Always have some raw food with each meal - this provides antioxidant and higher nutrients. However, if you've been told you are spleen deficient by a TCM practitioner you need to lower raw food.
4. Exercise regularly approximately 1 hour 3 x per week - not too hard or not and too much.
This depends on the exercise you are doing and your fitness so you many need to take it quietly if you have adrenal fatigue or do ½ an hour 3 x per week if doing high intensity.
1 hour of exercise daily is shown to reduce insulin resistance
5. Avoid smoking and drinking excessive amounts of alcohol
1-2 glasses of wine per night can be ok for some people - listen to your body.
Drink good clean wine: organic, preservative free - don’t drink cheap wine or any other alcohol for that matter. Quality is very important here.
6. Sort out your emotional stressors
Counselling/emotional healing/spiritual healing
Self help books/seminars
7. Reduce exposure to free radicals and reduce oxidative stress
Go natural with everything: household cleaning, personal, food, gardening, at work...
Do a detox with the support of a trained professional
Drink 2 cups of green tea daily for antioxidants. Macha is the best!
8. Optimise your diet - fresh is best
Whole foods as found in nature
Cut out packaged processed foods
Cook at home as much as you can
Eat grass fed meat, poultry pork and dairy products
9. Eat good quality salt - no table salt
PRL pink Salt from BioTrace
Celtic salt from flannery's
Unbleached sea salts
10. Eat foods high in antioxidants - antioxidants prevent damage caused by free radicals
Macha - green tea
Organic, preservative free red wine - 1 glass daily - high in resveratrol
Blueberries, turmeric + other superfoods